Friday, February 6, 2009

Fishing Report Guatemala

First Week Back!

First I want to say it's good to be back on the water. This has been myfirst 7 days of fishing since moving over to Casa Vieja Lodge. Boy was I outof shape not having fished in 6 months.Jim Turner owner of Casa Vieja broke me in on the first day running the"Finest Kind" a 40 Whiticar. Kind of a thrill growing up just a ways downthe road from Whiticars Boat Works. Also knowing Jack Whiticar the King ofStuart, and his lovely wife Alice who many of you know as the Lady who ranthe Stuart Sailfish Tournament.Back to day one we were fly fishing and I had my problems finding neutral acouple of times. But we did good for all my nervousness raising 26 getting 8bites and releasing 4. You know how it is first day new boat and fishing thenew boss - tough day.16-18 Jan: we had a group of Jake Jordans' friends from No. C. The first andlast day I had 4 ladys all single, we had a great time raising 62 andreleasing 36. The middle day we had a husband and wife team we saw 28 thatday caught 2 out of 3 on fly and 10 for 15 on the one bait we had out.My last 3 days the 24-26th. Bill Fintel brought down 3 of his friends thatare professional bird watchers, they saw all kinds of birds and told me whatkind they were I might add I didn't know much about birds. We also had somegreat fishing raising 50 Sails 2 Blacks and 1 Blue. We released 30 sails 2blacks but missed the slam when the Blue bit thru the leader, the first dayand never had a shot at the blue the last day although there were about 6blues caught that day. I did wind up with a stiff neck as when they yelled Ihad to look in all directions as well as up...Capt. Ron HamlinCasa Vieja LodgePto. San Jose, Guatemala.
You can visit www.rodsandreelssportfishing.com<http://www.rodsandreelssportfishing.com/> to learn more about fishing inGuatemala or to make a reservation.

No comments: